May 5, 2009

My Baby is Not a Baby Anymore

I have three children. Six, Four, Two. Boy, Girl, Boy. When I kiss and hug my youngest son I always say, "Love you, Baby!"

He always replies, "Love you, Baby" or "Love you, Mom".

Today I was tucking him in for a nap and I said those words to him, "Love you, Baby."

He said, "No, Mom! Not ME baby!" and curled his bottom lip out in a sweet little pout.

I don't know where those two years, four months and seventeen days went!

We don't plan on having any more children. I've recently been asked by several people, "When are you having another baby?" Or, "Aren't you having any more kids?"

Really? Three isn't enough?

My husband only planned on two. I feel fortunate to have convinced him that three was a good number. (In all honesty, I would be happy with four. Please don't tell him!) I think my window of opportunity for making that happen has passed. Six straight years of buying diapers has taken its toll on me.

Still...

I love babies.

*sigh*

It may take me some time to get used to this.

2 comments:

  1. I completely understand and feel for and with you! I only have one for now (3 year old little girl) and I do want more! Especially when I realize how fast she is growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told a coworker today that I don't want to be pregnant again, but I would like another baby. God can deliver her to my door and I'll just take her in. And if she happened to have a milk allergy, we're already set up for that!

    ReplyDelete