May 12, 2009

The Weight on My Shoulders

If I were to create a "To Do" list, I don't think it would ever end. Between my childcare business and being a wife and mother, I am swamped with things to do. I am a multi-tasking monster! Taking time for myself is rare. I have spent the last six years worrying more about everyone else than myself. And is shows. It is reflected in my eating habits and... my weight.

I was NEVER small. I learned some bad eating habits when I was younger and I've been fighting to change them my entire life. Today I am almost 60 lbs. overweight. The smallest I've been since high school is a size 12, about three and a half years ago. I've been on a roller coaster ride with my weight. I need to take control before my children learn these bad habits from me.

So onward I go. I'm going to pull myself up by my bootstraps and take control. I'm going to get this weight off my shoulders once and for all!

1 comment: